Monday, May 07, 2007

Almost Totalled the Car!

It was one of those days. when things can go wrong, it can get really wrong.

I said my prayers for journey mercies and gunned the engine. Taking the short-cut through the Section 19-Section 17 housing estates, I had to turn left to proceed on a hilly road towards the SPRINT highway. Wwhat do you know. This idiotic taxi driver stopped right in front of me on the t-junction to let off a passenger. As if that was not enough, this damn taxi driver immediately did a U-turn at the bend to get to the other side of the road to back from where he came from.

As he turned precariously, a cement grinder truck careened from around the bend at breakneck speed. At that particular moment, I happened to turn left onto the main road. Just my luck. To avoid hitting the taxi, the truck driver barreled towards me. You can see the gargantuan vehicle almost hitting the car. I drove onto the grass verge. God saved me! The truck was inches away from hitting me and mind you, never did he decelerate!

I counted my blessings! If not for God's protection the car would be certainly be totaled this day and I would not know what would be my fate.

The next time, you are on the road, be extra careful of taxi drivers. They will break all the rules to chase a few ringgits. As long as it's not their life or limbs that are at stake, they do not care two hoots about other users.

Quote of the Day:

Heartsong

No comments: