Sunday, December 17, 2006

Jane Seymour
Solitaire no More!


This happened in 1993.

It was almost twilight in Kuala Lumpur. I was at the Istana Hotel to attend a dinner. While waiting at the lounge to kill time, something wonderful happened. I saw a beautiful and familiar figure walking down the stairs. She held the arm of a burly-looking elderly man. She looked in my direction. Our eyes locked. She knew there and then that I recognized who she was. She flashed me a beautiful multi-million dollar smile. It was a wondrous moment to savour.

It was Jane Seymour in the flesh. Beautiful and statuesque, dressed to the nines. Her beauty was bedazzling! I was stumped.

Then I saw who the companion was. It was Ghaffar Baba, our ex- Deputy Prime Minister. The equation just did not fit. Why a stunning Hollywood broad was going out with this has-been came to my mind? She definitely did not need the money. Or even worse, the attention.

Anyway, I did not bother to ponder all these questions. I just watched her as she graciously sashayed into a waiting limousine and disappeared into the KL traffic.

For me, it was a moment in time. Most gratifying. My first chance - sighting of a Hollywood beauty in the flesh. Bonanza!

Today, as I vividly recall, the scene is indeed comical, reminiscent of one from the classic Walt Disney's “Beauty and the Beast”. In the 1993 Hotel Istana episode, Seymour was the beauty alright but what about the b...........

So, anyone care for Solitaire? I do if it is Jane Seymour!

Quote of the Day:

"Beauty is truth, truth beauty." John Keats

Heartsong

No comments: