Friday, December 08, 2006

Walking with God


Do you believe in God?

Call Him what you may. The Supreme Being, The Great I Am, the Big Guy in the Sky, or Big Kahuna.

He’s the Guy who watches over you. A guardian angel. He shelters you from all harm, guides you in life and He makes good things happen to you. To have all this protection, you must first believe in Him. No buts and no ifs. It must be all or nothing.

I can testify that I have felt His protective hand since I was a lad.

The following events and incidents tell me that He has been at my side all my life and have protected me and brought help when I needed it most.

  • Escaping from the jaws of death on the treacherous Air Kuning-Gemas Road when the car we were in spun out of control. After spinning three to four rounds on the road, the car clung to the edge of the road with a deep yawning valley below. We all got out safely and none of us had a scratch. How blessed we were to be covered with His blood.
  • Going up accidentally on to a yet to be commissioned lift in the then Regent Hotel (the current Park Royal KL) and getting off on a floor that has no lift control panel. The staircase was not completely safe for public use. After an hour’s wait, the lift came up and opened at my floor for me to descend. God read my mind.
  • Going back to town which was 6 miles away after missing the last bus. I was about 12 years old then. It was 7 pm. It was almost pitch dark. After walking for less than a mile, a motorcyclist who happened to be my father’s friend happened to pass by and gave me and my brother a lift to town. I do not know what would happen to us if that benevolent man had not come along. God sent help when we needed it most.
  • I jumped into a brook and hit my face on a rusted tin can. Slight cut on the area around the nose. However, God has been kind. There was little bleeding - a slight bruise was all that was visible on my face. Thank God, I did not get lockjaw.
  • Stranded in an unknown hotel way after midnight in Colombo in the eye of a hartal. Anything could have happened to me as there was civil strife in Sri Lanka. My life could have been in danger. However, God’s angels hovered over me and gave me protection.
  • Escaping a stampede in a cinema after someone screamed "Fire!". There was complete pandemonium in the cinema hall with patrons screaming and running helter-skelter for the exits. You could see the silhouettes of panicky patrons in the balcony fleeing from their seats in all directions and stepping on one another. I sat in my seat shell-shocked and watched the grim occurrence all around me. No harm came to me. I was shrouded in His protective arms.

These are some of the incidents I can remember when God watched over me. He knows my heart. If I face a setback, I knew that it was meant to be. For God knows what is best for me and He lights the path for me to tread upon...

Today God is still watching over me . He is protecting and guiding my family. He resides in our hearts always and is ever present in our minds. We pray to Him and bless his Holy Name.We know He hears our prayers.

Everyday He gives us our daily bread. His grace, mercy, protection, provision and love keep us refresh every morning. We are forever in thanksgiving.


Do you have God in your heart?


Quote of the Day:

“Blessed are all who fear in the Lord, who walks in his ways” Psalms 128:1

Heartsong

No comments: