Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Read Well, Travel Well, Dress Well


I concocted this maxim when I left university way back when. I was hoping that this maxim will be able to see me through life. My rationale for this:

If you read well, you will unlock a vault to knowledge, insights and wisdom. Books are the gateways to the real world outside-revealing facts and truths. Books also lead us into the inner fanciful world of feelings, thoughts and fantasies.

If you travel well, you will broaden your horizon. You will literally see the world, experience an aural awakening; which in turn, will stimulate all the other senses to work. Travel opens the world to you. You see a world in perpetual motion. We see people in vibrant colors. We take home lessons to enrich our lives.

If you dress well, you get respect. That is a universal truth.

I still hold this maxim to be wholesome and practical in today’s competitive, globalised world.

Do you have a maxim to be the compass of your life?

Quote of the Day:

“My job is about the most fun thing I do, but I have a broad set of interests, going places, reading things, and doing things.” Bill Gates

Heartsong-Heartstrong

No comments: