Thursday, February 15, 2007

Reunion Dinner-Do I have a Choice?


I just cannot recall when was the last time we really had a Chinese New Year Eve family reunion dinner. We must really be young then; certainly not when I was at USM or after my elder sister married. Very likely in the mid 1970s when I had just started working.

Today, we no longer practise that. Call us a dysfunctional family or whatever. My three sisters come home only on the second day of the Chinese New Year. The boys have married and all have their respective families. All are fathers now and they have decided to have their own Chinese New Year Eve reunion family, nucleated family-style. I do the same.

So, every year, when there is this balik kampung mad rush, we relaxed around in our respective homes and celebrated our Chinese New Year reunion in the comfort of our adopted home-place.

This year, we will break tradition. We will be celebrating reunion dinner with my sister-in-law and her family in a restaurant somewhere in Petaling Jaya. I think it’s gonna be fun as we won’t have to slog all morning and evening just to get the food ready.

Bon appetite!

Quote of the Day:

“The first half of our lives is ruined by our parents and the second half by our children.” Clarence Darrow

Heartsong

No comments: